Slough Council Travel Consultation
On Monday 20th June 2022 it was agreed at the Slough Council Cabinet Meeting that the Council would consult on five proposed changes to the Home to School/College travel service.
The proposed changes are as follows:
- To allocate the provision of Independent Travel Training as an appropriate form of travel assistance
- Introduce a Travel Bursary as a form of travel assistance available to families, to enable travel arrangements to be made or undertaken by the family
- Begin the use of safe, co-ordinated pick-up and drop-off points for transport arrangements which historically have been co-ordinated using home collections
- To cease provision of transport to faith Schools or same sex establishments in line with statutory obligations
- Introduction of a contribution charge from those in receipt of assistance where the Council does not have a statutory obligation to provide free assistance to eligible individuals.
The Council’s Consultation went live on 23rd June and will close on the 21st July 2022 and can be accessed on the Council website – please click the link below
There is more detailed information on the Slough Council website including a Consultation Information Pack and a link to an Online Survey.
Slough Council would like to encourage as many people as possible to complete the online survey and have set up a number of public events. In the event members of the public wish to ask any questions about the consultation, the dates and venues are listed below:
|27th June||The Curve, William Street, Slough SL1 1XY||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|27th June||The Curve, William Street, Slough SL1 1XY||12:30pm – 2:30pm|
|4th July||Romsey Close Children/s Centre, Marish Primary School, Romsey Close, Langley SL3 8PE||12:30pm – 2:30pm|
|7th July||Chalvey Hub, Ladbroke Road, Chalvey, SL1 2SP||11:00am – 1:00pm|
|7th July||Chalvey Hub, Ladbroke Road, Chalvey, SL1 2SP||7:00pm – 9:00pm|
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and they will respond asap.